Monday, May 23, 2011

Carpe Diem



    

        Since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of many things; however, most of these dreams did not come true. Therefore, I have started to think that dreaming and planning for the future is not as important as living the present. The future can hides uncertain events and not knowing those events can be extremely exhilarating. Moreover, worrying about what life might throw in our way, is making our life full of fear. Also, it is preventing us from taking decisions and making the necessary changes (leap of faith)!! Carpe Diem is a Latin term for "Seize the day", which means live your day and stop thinking about the future because it is not seen. The best way to seize the day is to pick a really big thing that you have been putting off and stop thinking and projecting about it. After that, create your plan and get into action by taking the first step. Keep taking steps until you have accomplished your task. Cherish the present; moreover, to live a happy life we need to embrace everything that comes in our way. Life is short, so appreciate each moment of your life and do not let anything pass you by without trying it. There are several things I would like to do with my life. For now, there is one thing I want it to be done as soon as possible which is being accepted in university of California Riverside for a graduate degree. So far, I am studying at UCR Extension Center to improve my English skills and later on to gain the required TOEFL score to be accepted at the college. Take your life as it comes, day by day. As Abraham Lincoln said,"And in the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years."

There is an application from Apple store that has a lot of quotes regarding Carpe Diem, the application's name is Carpe Diem.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, honney .
    Martin Luther King said "Faith is taking the first step even when you do not see the whole staircase , just take the first step ! "

    Your mama , Lulwah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not agree with you more. I had a dream to study in the US after I graduated from the university. I was afraid that I would spend too much money, so I gave up the dream. After I earned enough money, I had a dream to study in the US or travel around the world, but my wife can not accept my idea. I gave up the dream again. After I have worked for a long time, I was a little old to study in the US. My wife and my friends encouraged me and provided me assistance. I did come in the US. To live in the US is totally different from to have a short trip. This time I lived and studied in the US just for learning English and the American culture. Living the present; even though, I meet a lot of problems here.


    Paul Liao

    ReplyDelete