Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Father: A Person Who I Follow

On April 16th 1984, I have walked my way from my mother’s womb. On the same date 2010, someone who means the world to me had gone to a place, where I will never see him again. That person was my father, who died on April 16th. My father had always been in my life, from the first day I opened my eyes until the day he was gone.  That person was a loving, kind, modest, thoughtful and a giving man. In the early 80’s, he was in the United States for his master degree, where he earned it from University of Washington in Seattle. Furthermore, he had his P.H.D. from University of Rhode Island in Kingston. As a result, he was a very educated and knowledgeable person. My father, really made a massive impact in my life, he encouraged me to chase my graduate degree in the United States.  Accordingly, he gave me the motivation and welling to do that. He has taught me never to give up and to go for what’s out there. Despite being a workaholic, he was able to manage his time and be there for his family. He worked his life to make sure we always have everything we need. He worked in the ministry of commerce, which is located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. His position was general manager for fighting commercial fraud. He had been in lots of TV shows and radio interviews, where he discussed the essentials of his job. In addition, he always tried his best effort to fix everything. He made me believe that all my requests were orders, he never said no; therefore, I was my daddy little girl all the time. Sometimes when I need him the most, I just close my eyes so tight and imagine him next to me, comforting me and telling me that everything will be alright. Finally, I am grateful and proud to be able to call this wonderful man my father.

7 comments:

  1. nice thought
    you always know how to translate feelings into words.
    proud of you sis and i wish you good luck all times.

    your brother sulaiman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved,lived 'n felt your well written words,you have touched my heart.I'm very greatfull to ALLAH who gave me such a baby.looking forward to see you back home safly.
    Remember I'm always there for you ,and GOD bless. Your mama Lulwah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi my Lovely Fatma :

    you always Big in my eyes and make me proud
    Good Luck my second mom <3

    sis Nuha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Fatima
    you choose strong words and made me feel like i want to hug you '
    , you always know what do you want to do
    and that's make you Confident to what you want
    , so i'm happy for you .
    " Thank you Alla for gave me like My Sis Fatom <3 "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sister, You really made me so proud of bieng the second daughter of that great man whom I call "father". I hope that we all learn from him, and walk on the same track he left behind carrying with us his great values to our future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Fatma,first of all I want to take the chance to tell you that I personally think what you wrote is amazing. what is funny is that I wrote about my mom and dad too, I guess what that means is that they are always on mind. I just want to say that I have my dad who means the world to me, I could only imagine how you feel. Just by reading about your father, you reminded me of my father, and all I can say about him is that I have the same support from my dad as you, and that my dad also has a P.H.D in petroleum engineering from University of Southern California, he is also a very educated person. He is always there for me whenever I need him, and he is welling to do the impossible for me and my brothers education. As I said befor, I can only imagine what it would feel like loosing my father, I truly believe that he is in a better place now, and he will always be alive in the hearts of the people who loves him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I sorry to hear about your father who died on 2010.
    Second, Mashallah you are lucky girl because you have a great father whom you proud.
    As for your story and entire the paragraph; in fact, you are an excellent student since you used the transitions word correctly. Furthermore, using the correct form of the verb and sequence of the story during your paragraph, make anyone understand what you wrote because it is clear 100%.
    Good luck in your future life and educational

    ReplyDelete